Birmingham protests (3 апр 1963 г. – 10 май 1963 г.)
1. MLK was not sure on how to deal with segregation in Birmingham so he led a demonstration in order to fill up the jails, which led to large protests and a response of violence from the Alabama government.
2. MLK, George Wallace, Eugene Bull Connor
3. Occurred in Birmingham, Alabama
4. One major cause of this was that the governor of Alabama, George Wallace, was a big supported of segregation quoted saying "segregation now, tomorrow, and forever." This made leaders of the civil rights movement want to desegregate Birmingham even more.
5. One major effect was that America and the world was able to see the violence that the protesters received from the government and Kennedy began pushing a civil rights bill and pushed for desgregation of public places.
Добавлено на ленту времени:
Civil Rights Timeline