January 31, 2021
For educational institutions
HPC History 1911-2018
⟶ Updated 5 Jul 2018 ⟶
List of edits
Commission appointed to inquire into starting a new Presbyterian church on Haymount Hill
Commission meets, 39 residents of the Haymount area sign a petition asking for a new church to be organized. Petition was granted
First service held in the old Buieville Academy. Originally named Haymount Presbyterian Church
Congregational meeting minutes record “trustees instructed to purchase a lot on Hay Street on which to erect a church building.”
After members’ suggestions were submitted, the name was changed to Highland Presbyterian Church.
The new church on Hay Street held their first service. Church membership totaled 60.
Additional parlor and offices were added.
Observance of 25th Anniversary of Highland Presbyterian Church.
Due to growth of membership and activities, an enlargement plan was adopted.
Building Committee was appointed.
First phase of new plan completed, consisting of an Educational Building, Chapel, Library, Church Parlor, Offices, Kitchen, and Fellowship Hall
Church auditorium inadequate, worship services held in new Fellowship Hall.
Old building torn down
Dedication Service held on the church grounds where the Sanctuary was to be built.
Construction completed, Dedication Service held.
About & Feedback