April 15, 2020
For educational institutions
⟶ Updated 1 months ago ⟶
List of edits
please leave a like
1 months ago
Exercise Book This is a brown and red striped notebook from Nellie Oliver from 1904.
Winter School Hat This hat in in "air hostess style" in 1970.
St Catherine's School was founded when Miss Jeanie Hood opened a school in Templeton Street, Castlemaine, which she named Castlemaine Ladies' College in 1896.
St Catherine's School opened in Williams Road, Toorak. Miss Flora Templeton, who ran Blair School in St Georges Road, Toorak, joined Miss Ruth Langley in establishing St Catherine's in 1920.
Barbreck was purchased from Mr William Love and becomes St Catherine's Junior School in 1948.
Light Blue Blazer This blazer was worn by the school captain at the time, Anita Stuart in 1955.
The swimming pool was opened and 600 girls were taught to swim in April, 1962.
School reports 1927 and 1928 school reports of Dorothy Johnson.
Miss Ruth Langley sadly, passed away in 1933 and Miss Edna Holmes becomes the Headmistress in 1934.
Running Spikes These are shoes with spikes on the bottom for grip when running from the 1950s. Year unknown.
About & Feedback