Amanda Noyce, Timeline - ANTH 105 1002
1. Great wall of China constructed - Around 220 B.C. to unify pre-existing walls
2. Anatomically modern Homo sapiens in Africa - About 300,000 B.C. to present
3. First Egyptian pyramid constructed - (about) 2650 B.C. This would be associated with the Dynastic Period of ancient Egypt (approx. 3000 - 30 B.C.)
4. Homo floresiensis lives on earth - 98,000 - 48,000 B.C., nicknamed the hobbit
5. Humans reach the Americas – 13,000 B.C.
6. Mayan civilization collapses – 900 A.D.- disappeared for reasons unknown
7. Wheat first domesticated - after about 8,000 B.C., fertile cresent
8. First hominids walk upright - 6-7 million years BP, Orrorin tugenensis (have to zoom out and move timeline by clicking and dragging to see this event).
9. Sumerian cuneiform invented - around 3,500 B.C.
10. The domestication process of corn began - Maize was domesticated from its wild grass ancestor more than 6,000 years ago (6,700 years agoto be more precise)
11. Cahokia at its peak - A.D. 1050-1200