dec 29, 1952 - Special Education Facility Built
In 1953, the Toronto Board of Education opened a school that was to be used explicitly for special education needs. This was the first brand new facility to be built and opened for special ed. in Toronto. A little after it opened, it was granted a place in the public school system as trustees of the school district saw it as an exemplar initiative for education children. The school was home to children with physical disabilities and deaf children. (Ellis & Axelrod, 2016, p.7-8).
Added to timeline:
History of Inclusive Education