jan 1, 1800 - Early Ninteenth Century XIX
- Oral work was reduced to an absolute minimum.
- Written exercises were the most common.
- Grammar Translation Method was used in the early nineteenth century. Is based on the grammar rules of the language.
- The Grammar Translation Method dominated European and foreign language teaching.
- Reading and writing were the major focus.
- The sentence is the basic unit of teaching and language practice.
Added to timeline:
History of Language Teaching
Sagrario Cristela Escobedo Ortega