jun 30, 1368 - Qin Liangyu
- Famous heroine of the late Ming Dynasty
- "Brave, clever, and an excellent horsewoman and archer"
- Practiced martial arts with her brothers at an early age and became versed in military tactics
- Established a troops of local youths to protect the country called the "white pole army"
- After her husband died she took his position
- Even during great bloodshed she stood strong and caused the enemy to retreat
- The emperor wrote four poems of praise in her name as well as rewarding her with silk, mutton and wine.
Added to timeline: