20 апр 1971 г. - Swann v. Charlotte-Mecklenberg
1. Little was done after the decision by Brown v. Board of Education as many schools used busing in order to uphold racial segregation, however after a court decision to upheld integration busing techniques the Supreme Court unanimously upheld busing programs that supported racial integration.
2. Swann, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education, Burger Court
3. Occurred in Charlotte-Mecklenberg, NC
4. One major cause was that schools were not following the precedent that was established in Brown v. Board.
5. One major effect was that schools were getting more integrated, however, many criticized the busing program.
Добавлено на ленту времени:
Civil Rights Timeline