18 maio 1896 ano - Plessy v. Ferguson
1. A case between Homer Plessy and John Ferguson in which debated whether the Separate Car Act was constitutional, in which the court sided with Ferguson that the act was constitutional.
2. Homer Plessy, John Ferguson, Supreme Court Justices
3. Occurred in Louisiana and argued in Supreme Court
4. One major cause of this case was that Plessy believed that the unequal treatment of blacks on train cars was unconstitutional due to the 13th and 14th Amendments so he brought it to court.
5. The effect of this case was that it continued the precedent that seperate but equal was constintional and that separate treatment did not imply that African Americans were seen as inferiors.
Adicionado na linha do tempo:
Civil Rights Timeline