1 jan 1576 ano - "Ostroh Academy" National University
Ostroh Slavic-Greek-Latin school, established in 1576 by Konstantin Ostrozhsky, the Lithuanian Prince, was actually the first higher educational institution in Eastern Europe. The school, which had its own typography, was built based on the principles of European education centers of that time. The program of Ostroh school included studying five languages: Church Slavonic, Polish, Greek, Latin and Hebrew. After Society of Jesus had settled in the institution in 1624, the school went into decline and was closed in 1636. In January 1993, the government had decided to revive the school, and renewed Academy opened its doors for students in 1994. Nowadays, "Ostroh Academy" National University offers five faculties and Institute of Law.
Adicionado na linha do tempo: