Get Premium for free!
2 months ago
Malabon was founded by the Augustinians as a visita of Tondo (It was then known as Tambobong).
Navotas was separated from Malabon, through the initiatives of the principales of San Jose and Bangkulasi, due to the difficulty of transacting business and attending religious festivities in the mother town.
Malabon became part of Metro Manila through Presidential Decree No. 824.
House Bill No. 8868 entitled “An Act Converting the Municipality of Malabon into a Highly Urbanized City to be known as the City of Malabon” was approved on its Third Reading by the House of Representatives.
House Bill No. 8868 was then approved by the Senate during its regular session.
President of the Republic of the Philippines signed it into Law (Republic Act No. 9019).
Republic Act 9019 was ratified after the Plebiscite.
Tambobong was recognized as a town
The Tondo Cabecera officially named the the town "Tambobong" but the native insisted on calling it "Malabon" Malabon was the name of the town's principal barrio, the present Concepcion During this era, Malabon served as station for goods. Rivers and tributaries that linked Malabon to other towns served as feeder roads and greatly smoothened produce-to-market operations.
Malabon became the largest producer of high-quality indigo which was exported to European textile industry (After 1789, Manila opened as a free port-foreign vessels carried off large supplies of its precious dye)
About & Feedback