mar 12, 1932 - Overview of German disarmament.
After the Disarmament Conference, there was another problem: What to do with German military power.
In 1932 the League stipulated numerous sentences:
-July 1932, Germany tabled proposals for all countries to disarm down to its level. When the Conference failed to agree the principle of 'equality', the germans walked out.
- September 1932, the British sent the Germans a note that went some way to agreeing equality, bu the superior tone of the note angered the Germans still further.
- December 1932, an agreement was finally reached to treat Germany equally.
- January 1933, Germany announced it was coming back to the Conference.
- February 1933, Hitler became Chancellor of Germany at the end of January. He immediately started to rearm Germany, although secretly.
- May 1933, Hitler promised not to rearm Germany if 'in five years all other nations destroyed their arms'.
Added to timeline: